Thursday, September 10, 2009

Scraps and Pieces

I remember the summons. The trumpet call per say. It sounded over my life and left me quivering in the wind like a banner with a sudden realization of new abounding purpose.

My words are powerful. The weight behind what they say could be the unravellings of my dreams. But I won't let it be. I don't know what makes up the composition of a good writer. What people find so delicious about their vivid prose. I find there are some books where each sentence is a mouthwatering morsel to the mind.

At the same time I read books that make me need to fight simply to read through the next page. If they are of edifying quality I do persevere towards the end. If not, well I close them, set them aside and wait for a more benevolent mood to pervade my consciousness before I try again.

The only problem is I have yet to realize what makes the difference between the former and the latter. I am determined to find out even if it takes me my entire life. It seems that one of the few things that has been hugely on my mind lately is writing. I suppose there's no surprise there considering what I am about to undertake.

From the 1 of November until the 30th of that month I have determined to undertake the challenge of so many others. I will write 50,000 words within that time all on the same book. Yep you read it right. I'll just end this postnow to give you time to get over the shock of it ;).

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!~~~~ i soooooo agree!!~~ i cant sit and read a very very very boring book.. i tried once and i managed until the tenth chapter and said no more.. HAHAHA...
    lol...
    look its a yummy cupcake....
    *zaps*... lol... *and pokes with a straw*....


    anyways.... lovely wordplay... lol... and no one will get over the shock of it... lol... they'd be more shocked when you come through with your promise...... hahaha....

    well thats all i have to say at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahha YAY!! Thank you! It's true...and I WILL..I will! I'm going to work hard..hehe

    ReplyDelete

Popularity...or total lack of it

Never Give Up!