Friday, April 3, 2009

Stepping Stones to Godliness in my Heart

Once I am firmly founded in the Faith, then I will seek out such friendships as to strengthen and challenge me. Not by my own strength will I stand firm but by throwing all my trust on the Lord I will find a strength that is indomitable. His wisdom will be mine and my heart, soul, body, and mind will be his to mold as he created them to become.

I will depend on him fully and he will be my shelter and my guide. No one will find their way past his fortified citadel in which I will reside unless invited to enter by him alone. He will guard my heart as it is in his possession and only give it away to whom it is fit and made for.

One resolution I have already made:

I will not date until I am 18 and at that age I will re-examine the state of my heart and soul and hold counsel with my God as to what my new resolution will be.

Stepping stones.
There may be many
but it's much easier than climbing one slick crackles step to the very top that resembles a smooth cliff.

There is such a thing as over admiring someone, over respecting them. We are all human, filled with failings and certain ideas that are dented and perhaps even twisted and wrong. If we put someone above failing, not only will it make them fall all the farther and hit all the harder, it might just happen that they fall on us and we are crushed by it.

Respect is something that should be given freely to all. Admiration is a far more precious gift and should be doled out with moderation and deep consideration. Sometimes it also helps if we do happen to find ourselves giving admiration to someone who perhaps is not quite as deserving of it as we thought, that we keep the fact that we so admired them to ourselves until such a time that they might be greatly benefited by it.

I now have a gift, not yet wrapped, it is a very special gift because it is a story. And what make it so special is it happened to me. Though I must say, only one person will it benefit. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to give it to that one person but I will write it and hope to present it to them when it might actually help them. Once I wrap it in words, I will set it aside in a corner of heaven where God will tell me when to give it.

Amy :) The Lord's Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popularity...or total lack of it

Never Give Up!