Monday, August 30, 2010

To Be an Anne Again

I screamed into the darkness. Take me away... Far away. I wanted to go to the lands of my eyes mind--lands of green hollows, daring adventures, swordplay and horseback riding. somewhere I would be alive and living to save, living to protect. A place where animals could talk and elves roamed the great forests making them fairer than the trees, light, and water of our world.

I wanted to live again. Breathe again.

Take my chains and turn them light. Give me joy from the depth of my soul. I want to take delight and a child-like joy in everything I see. The trees, the flowers. I want to be an Anne after my own kind! Someone with eyes for a beauty, seeing romantic things ever. Watching for fairies and deepening my imagination. Feeding it and growing it until it surpasses my worries and doubts.

Would I have to give up any progress I've made on being responsible? I hope not...Anne didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popularity...or total lack of it

Never Give Up!