Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Interesting day.. and Lead Me

This is the first picture I've uploaded to my blog yay!!! haha celebrate! No more drab posts! BTW this is a picture of Saray and myself haha.

First off I'd like to say two things.
I'm super sorry for not writing for so long! I have been very busy and just haven't gotten around to it. Secondly this is going to be a short post because I need to get to bed so I can start a new day tomorrow. (I'm on a bit of a time limit so if i cut off it means I need to go to bed)

Today I was someone I am not. In other words I acted not to say out of my character because it came perfectly naturally, but not quite the way I want to be. Again to rephrase that, I did not accomplish everything I would have liked to in the day and I go to bed with a sense of unfinished work, not fully proper way of being (ok that doesn't make sense but this is random stream of thing). I want many things I didn't get and feel like I lost something.



Ok I've discovered several things today. One of them is we sometimes have hidden talents. Another one is that when you write something there is a lot of context that is left only to the mind of the writer. But let me tell you about the first one. My friend from Argentina who is currently living in Indonesia came to stay at our house. Today I was telling her about how I want to be a writer, and suddenly she said,

"Oh Amy, write a song! I have the chords for a song so let's write one."

I was very reluctant and kept saying, "No, I can't write that! I'm no good at it."

Which is still quite true haha. I had no idea how to do it, and didn't think I could get anything to sound right. But she started playing the chords softly and I just wrote what came to mind. Then, Miracle of miracles! She put a tune to my random words and made them sound like a song! I was amazed! I think she's definitely got a gift for this.

So she started singing through it and got all excited about it. By now I was getting quite excited myself. Do you know how if feels to have words that you just splatter across a page turn into a tuneful melody?? Well, I did and it felt pretttttyyy goood hehe.

Anyway we worked on it for several hours and it is still very far from perfect but I hope to video record the song and post it up on Facebook. I'll put a link up if we do. For now I'll just put the half of it, which is the words. Honestly, though, it sounds a lot better as music.

There is no poetical meter to it but with a tune it's actually a song! I'm still quite amazed. Also, a bit of explanation about the song. The meaning behind it, although only figured out halfway through the writing goes along these lines. It is a love song to God speaking a little about how we want to live for him. A little bit of a story (not from our own personal experience as many songs are. But a lot of songwriters tell stories not their own. Ok I'm not putting myself in that category! noo, very far from it.) about searching for the One, or love and not finding it.

So it could double as a love song but it doesn't really..anyway. The part about the desert is our struggles and fight to mature in our relationship with God until we can find that place of rest with him, kinda a place impossible to reach so I guess it could be heaven. But really it's a place where we are deeply in love with God and on the right path, doing His will. Well..actually just see what you get out of the song yourself la..I'll leave it up to God to show you what he wants from it. Only other one I know is that the place across the ocean is like the Mission field ;).

Without further Ado, Lead Me by Saray and Amy

Intro?/Verse 1:
I know the truth
And I know I’ll find you someday
and here I am standin’
findin’ truth where I was looking
for so long

And I know you’ll find me
and take me by surprise
Then you’ll come right in
and take me by my hand

Chorus 1:
Lead me through the desert
to that other side
where dreams come true
where dreams come true
In that oasis
In that beautiful home
where I live for you
I live for you oh Lord
where I live for you
I live for you alone

Bridge:
As I keep running away
You keep chasing me
and I can’t hide from your loving eyes
cuz I was meant for such a time
for such a place as this

Lead me through the desert
to that other side
where dreams come true
where dreams come true
In that oasis
In that beautiful home
where I live for you
I live for you oh Lord
where I live for you
I live for you alone

Verse 2:
I’ve been searching through the years
but never really seeing you at all
yet you stood by my side
whispering in my ear
those sweet assurances
you are my strength

Chorus 2:
Lead me across the ocean
to that other place
where dreams come true
where dreams come true
that new land
That fresh sweet home
Where I live for you
I live for you oh Lord
where I live for you
I live for you alone

Strange verse thing..:
I know the truth
And I know you’ve found me
And here I am Standin
Knowing that you love me
have loved me for so long

As I keep running away
You keep chasing me
and I can’t hide from your loving eyes
cuz I was meant for such a time
for such a place as this

Lead me through the desert across the ocean
to that other side that other place
where dreams come true
where dreams come true
Where I live for you
I live for you oh Lord
where I live for you
I live for you alone for you alone

End Chorus thing?:
Lead me through the desert
to that other side
Lead me across the ocean
to that other place
Where dreams come true
Where dreams come true
Where I live for you

(Yes I know the Chorus repeats but oh well..I'll fix it to be more like a song thing later..)
I'll say it now, very unprofessional I know..but hey, it's our first song and we thought of it today.
haha it's alreadly past the time I was going to finish so, Goodnight!
Adios!

Your's (The Lord's) )Truly!(.
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Hey baby!!!!!
    ohh my! thanx for posting this!!!
    I love ypou so much!!
    this is awesome! u made this posible!
    i hope we can write our next one soon
    u ve got a gift ! precious gift i love u
    Saray

    ReplyDelete

Popularity...or total lack of it

Never Give Up!