Friday, March 27, 2009

What I've been trying to say...

inserted 1:25 pm 31 march 2009: Please understand, let me make it clear before hand that this is just what it seems. A POEM. Not all of it is really true. Some of it is inspired by what has happened in my life but it's the overflow of a sentimental heart. Even if it was partially true at the time things can change from day to day but I'm still going to post this thing. All is just a poem, so there. You should consider yourself glad and be thankful that I'm even posting this. xP (hehe unless you find it so badly written..)

So here I am so filled with excuses.
And then I turn away, walk out, stay quiet, and never speak my mind.
cuz all I was I left behind
in your way
but you'll never see it
because I left you too
and never even told you
all that I thought
all that I was
All that you ever meant to me
and everything I wanted you to be
cuz I saw all your potential and didn't know how to say
that what you did
helped me stay on my feet one more day
Once you taught me
and then you gave me
the greatest inspiration of all
that I could stand tall
and ride the waves
that kept washing over me
you'll never see
nor understand
all you've meant to me
cuz I can't say
what I can't be
and all I am I left behind with you
you were a friend
though I'm not even sure
I ever let you know that
and there I was
just wasting your time
saying things that were worthless
I've asked myself so many times
what kind of friendships I so want
and there I was wasting worthless words
on a friend I never got
Instead of saying all I meant
I said all that I could care less
if you ever answered my strange queries
I didn't want to bug you any more
so I should have stayed away sometimes
and let you live you life
and watch you find the right one

And what was I but empty words?
when did I give you the reason?
that I always wished to be
like a sister
like a friend
to you
and I just waited and let it go by
and all I could do is sit by and sigh
but then it struck me that I could pray
and that's what i've been doing all day
I'll pray for you to find the way
that I lost when I met you
so don't find me strange.
don't find me rude
I just wanted to be a friend to you

I know you'll succeed
and then you'll go lead
a life that's lived for the God you serve
and when you die he'll give you life
to live even better then you do now
I'm sorry for the times I left
so many things unsaid
so here I am I've got to say
You're cool, your great
I admire you
Thank you
and good bye
and goodnight to you
have a great life
God bless you
you know you've been like a brother to me?
This may sound weird
that's why I never said it
but you've taught me a lot
though I don't know how to tell you
you were a friend when you didn't know it
and now I am here wishing I had told you
even if you hadn't cared
at least you would have know
that someone else was caring
someone who you could have thought less about
who knew so little but cared a lot
I'm not here to be bought
but given away as freely as God gave all his love to us
cuz he gave me this gift
It's called agape
and I've given it to you
just like he gave it to me
but I just don't know
how to tell you
I just don't see
when to say it
but I don't wanna
say it at your funeral
as I've seen so many regrets
on the faces of people doing just that
when they might have encouraged
instead they were afraid
that they might be rejected
they might be derided
But really life is too short
not to share all the love
and admiration we're given
to give it away
not holding on for way to long
and finding our hands are empty

I want to say so many things
but how can I come and bring
all my friendship when it will sound silly
and sappy and weird
to say that I like you
you're one of the coolest
guys i've ever met

I look up to you
and admire you plenty
but this all sounds silly
coming from me
cuz I just ignored you
for way too long
though inside I was watching
you go along
and seeing the way God wants to use you
and here I am hearing my friends abuse you
now wait no that's not right their your friends too
and I don't feel strong enough
to speak out above the noise
and ask for some kindness
after all they're just joking right?

But please be assured
I'll be praying for you
In God your future's secured
And I know they care too
Please don't be alarmed
but what am I saying?
You'll never read this
and you won't be staying.

I'm a sentimental sap
when it comes to brothers
I think of you as one
though I'm not even sure
I was ever your friend
but I counted you in mine
though you may not ever know

Yes I know you're flawed
But who of us is not?
I never said I like them
but God's working on that
and you'll deal with them in time
maybe when we meet again
on the other side
you'll hear all I left unsaid
while I was here on earth

But nevermind me
I know your busy
Have a great life
and I'll just say this
I'll remember if no one else does.


BUT wait! is this the way I want to live?
Is this the way I'm gonna give
everything I am to God?
Without being willing to share
my heart with those I love
yet they don't even know I care
How do I dare?
to share my friendship
without seeming to want any more
I guess I'll wait
for the right opportunity
The one God gives me
to give you my friendship
and admiration
when you need it most
I'll save it for a rainy day
When life looks bleak
cuz I know right now
it might just be like
water of a ducks back

So for now I'll say goodbye
hoping to be a friend
when you need it most someday
I'll be there to repay
all the help you've given me
without ever even knowing


I'm here but who knows where you'll be tomorrow. God takes us away sometimes...friends separated
I'm nonsense.

Your's (The Lord's) )Truly!(.
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popularity...or total lack of it

Never Give Up!