Tuesday, January 6, 2009

As I sit before here and listen to the gentle sound of music, I allow my thoughts to wander from here to all the places my heart has been. Life is filled with surprises and new experiences every day. I think on that amazing wonder that I am His and will always be. I see what I am. All that I really am. really really am. Here I am and God has taken me into his hands and he loved me.
The one recur
ring theme of all HIS Faithfulness. Today I dislocated my knee cap and had to go to the doctor. I am really sooo blessed. This may be sounding weird but no I've been more thankful today than I have in a long time. I'm thankful that it wasn't worse. I'm thankful there was a hospital near. I'm thankful for God's protection. I'm thankful for the fact that I was able to get it back in place within the first few minutes. I am SUPER thankful!! I'm thankful it wasn't worse. I feel like going on and on but I'll just say one more. I'm thankful that God put me with such wonderful parents and that he is so totally in control of everything. ok. That was two but who's counting.
I am so blessed. God is in control of my life and I couldn't have it any other way. I might be scared to go on a roller coaster because I feel so out of control to stop it when I want to, but there isn't a safer place to be than deep within the will of God. He is my strong tower my fortress and my guide. When I wander outside of this place he leads me back again. When I fight the temptations that surround my on every side I look up to find his shielding power there to deliver me. When the devil attacks me and I am wounded deeply from the arrows that strike where my sheild of faith is not strong, He is there to heal me and make me stronger than before. There are so many words in my heart longing escape into expression and so much that cannot even be explained into words that I become speechless with pure wonder and awe of all that God is.
Lord, Please help me learn to express all that is in my heart worthy of glorifying you.
I can list only a few ways that I would love to worship my Lord. I can speak of only a little that overflows my heart. As I sit on my bed with my leg in a cast I soar away on the wings of words. Even the words in the songs, You Raise Me Up, by Josh Groben, Who am I, by CastingCrowns, Captured by Natalie Grant, and soo many more that I cannot even name, are not enough to help me express who you are to me. And that's just to me!
Here I am a simple MK living in a country I can now call home. Malaysia is my home and will always hold a piece of my heart. Every day I want my heartbeat to grow more in tune with yours my God. I want every pulsing beat to be you enlargening my heart and soul to be more like yours. Give me more capacity to be filled with your unfailing love for all your children.
Day by day I feel a capacity I have never known before. I'm learning slowly how you look at people. I've been seeing total strangers in a totally new light. They have hearts and souls as deep and filled with life as I do whether they show it or know it or not. Life has been breathed into them by a maker that is constantly reaching out and calling to them with such a passion that it tears at my heart to hear his voice and see what they cannot seem to realize.
There is a zealous God reaching out, running after, searching for, calling to, every single human being on this earth. He shakes the ground with his passionate love. He thunders in the heavens that they might hear, that they might see! But look. He is SO filled with Love
that he will not take away our freedom and make us see what is best for us.
He who WAS, and IS, and IS FOREVER the same has given each of us some part of himself that causes us to long for something better than what we are. In each of us he placed a place for Him to dwell, and that is what causes us to long for and desire something beyond ourselves. In his Awesome complexity he created us that he might lavish his love abundantly and gave us a choice to reject that intense and unfathomable love. I don't want to pretend that I even know even a fraction of what he is but this is what I know in the little that it is worth compared to his greatness.
He created us for Eden and we decided to take the fallen path where we become slaves to a ruthless ugly master whose chains are called sin
. We fell into a chasm that we cannot climb out of on our own. Death opened it's mouth and swallowed us in. The pain and agony that tore God's heart I think no man will ever know. But in all his love he couldn't leave us there. He couldn't and didn't. God Soo loved the World that he gave his only Son to die for us that whoever believed in him would NOT DIE but live eternally. Eternally.
Eternally. And I think that where we will live Eternally will be all and soooo much more than everything we long for in the deepest corners of our being. Something inside of me is shrieking out in utter abandonded longing for that place beyond this world. No eye has seen nor any ear perseived what God has prepared for those who love him.
For those who love Him. For those who love him? Is that all?? Really? No. No it couldn't be. Well it isn't. It has become that way but God is a God of justice. He couldn't simply speak the words and it would be done. I've already told you what he did. He gave his only son. Only Son. How?
He died.
He Did.
What was necessary.
What was necessary?
To die.
The penatly of SIN is DEATH.
So he Did
He Died.
Is that the end then? No. That was Just the beginning. He died. And then Rose again.
Ok, call me crazy, call me a lunitic, a liar, a freak. Whatever.

This has been a very strange post so I hope no one will get mad at me for saying some of this stuff. I probably said certain things in the wrong way..Anyway I guess this is kind of a disclaimer... All of this is just me putting down my thoughts as they flow from mind to fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popularity...or total lack of it

Never Give Up!